We collect some of your personal data so that we can provide the best user experience. From time to time we will assess user behavior to help identify opportunities to improve the product. We will never sell your data. We will never share your data with third parties without your consent. If you do consent, we will only share data with third parties that embody privacy practices like ours and the reason for sharing will only be related to building a better product and providing a better experience to you.
We understand that as a Habiteer you entrust us with your data, and we take that trust very seriously. We understand that your data is yours so, you are entitled to delete it or request a copy from us.
Collection and Use of Information
We collect information in a number of ways:
Information you provide. This includes information you voluntarily provide when you register for the Services, update your account information, or use the Services. When you create an account, we collect your personal information that we use to create and manage your UpHabit account. This includes Name and Email.
When you authorize UpHabit to access third parties such as Google, Microsoft and Apple Contacts, we synchronize data required to provide the UpHabit product and its features. This data includes contacts and email history. We frequently synchronize data from these sources once you’ve given us permission so that your data remains up to date. The ongoing synchronizing of your contacts currently requires this.
In the future, UpHabit may implement the following additional functionality as part of ongoing synchronization:
- Option to enrich your contacts including job title, position, important dates
- Option to display email subject and link to the last email for a contact
- Option to display an email conversation chain
From time to time, we may analyze data to identify opportunities to improve the product and the user experience. This analysis will help us optimize for such things like how data is organized and presented. Any data analysis will be conducted in a secure manner by authorized personnel only and then securely discarded after use.
Information from your use of the Services. This includes information collected in our server logs (such as browser type, pages visited, referring page, IP address, date and time stamps, other statistics, and errors), about the device you are using to access the Services (such as hardware and operating system details). This also includes analytic data about usage of the app. We collect analytics and review them regularly to learn about general usage and identify opportunities for improvement. The type of analytics we collect are:
- How often is the app opened?
- What actions are being completed within the app?
- Onboarding and Sign up Flows
- Set reminders
- View reminders
- Complete reminders
- Authorize accounts
- Contact updates
We may aggregate your information with other information (including aggregating information about your use of the Services with that of others) in a way that it isn’t attributable as being identifiably about you (including by aggregating it into groups or categories).
We use your personal information:
- To provide the Services to you. This includes processing your registration and maintaining your account, tailoring or customizing the Services to you, providing you with analytics and tips regarding your use of the Services.
- To maintain and improve user experiences and overall quality of the Services, and to develop new services. This includes diagnosing problems with our systems, administering the Services, and analyzing how the Services are being used.
- To create anonymous aggregated information.
- For additional purposes that may be identified at or before the time that the information is collected, or that you subsequently consent to.
- Share your UpHabit status with your contacts that are also using UpHabit with an option to hide your status if you choose to.
We may store or process your personal information on servers in jurisdictions outside of the USA or Canada, but currently, it only resides there. While your personal information is in a jurisdiction it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of that jurisdiction in accordance with the laws applicable in that jurisdiction.
If you have an UpHabit account, your data is securely retained so that we can provide the features of the product to you. We keep your data safe by using industry-best security practices in our infrastructure and we keep the data as long as they want to be a customer, deleting it fully when they delete their account.
If you would like an export of your data, please send a request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 72 business hours. If you would like your data removed from UpHabit, you can delete your account automatically in the app in Settings.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose personal information:
- To third party service providers and to affiliated entities in order to carry out work on our behalf. These services support UpHabit in providing a good user experience to support Engagement, Support, Bug & Crash Reporting, and Analytics. Third party service providers include:
- If you choose to share personal information publicly, with other users of the Services, or with other sites (such as social media sites), we may facilitate this sharing. We do not control these third parties that you might choose to share your personal information with or how they use your personal information, and we are not responsible for their privacy practices. You should review the privacy policies of any third party before you decide to share your personal information with them and always exercise caution when publicly sharing your personal information.
- To a third party where you express interest in or choose to purchase or participate in, a promotion, program, activity, service, or product offered by the third party.
- As required or permitted by law, and to law enforcement agencies and private parties for the purposes of investigating fraud or other offenses.
- To legal, financial, insurance, and other advisors or in connection with the sale, reorganization, or management of all or part of its business or operations.
- As consented to by you from time to time, including to fulfill any other purposes that are identified when the personal information is collected.
UpHabit will never sell user data to make money. UpHabit is a subscription-based app that is solely dedicated to helping users develop relationships.
Your consent may be expressed or implied, and given in writing by using or not using a check-off box, electronically, orally, or by your conduct, such as use of the Services.
We protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information with security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including through the use of physical, organizational, and technological measures and appropriate training of employees. However, it is possible that any information transmitted via the Internet may be intercepted by unknown third parties.
When appropriate, you are given the opportunity to (i) opt-out of receiving communications from us, or (ii) remove your personal information from our records. If you would like to remove your personal information from our records, you can delete your account in the app in Settings. If you wish to opt-out of receiving further communications, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
You may contact us to obtain access to the personal data that we store. In this case, we shall provide a copy of the data to you within a reasonable time of receiving the request.
UpHabit utilizes remarketing which allows UpHabit to display its ads to people who have recently visited its website. Upon visiting the UpHabit website, the visitor’s IP address is collected through a remarketing cookie, using some third parties including Google Analytics, that has been installed on the visitor’s computer. Remarketing ads will be shown to the visitor throughout the Google Display Network for a designated amount of time, not to exceed 30 days. Visitors can opt out of the use of remarketing cookies by visiting Google’s Ads Settings.